SLC "LATVIJAS KONCERTI" ANNOUNCES VACANCY FOR POSITION OF EXCECUTIVE DIRECTOR AT SINFONIETTA RĪGA
SLC "LATVIJAS KONCERTI" announces an open competition for the Deputy Head (Executive Director) posts of the state chamber orchestra Sinfonietta Riga.
Requirements for applicants:
- Education in the field of humanitarian or business management (for Beneficial Additional education in the field of music);
- Knowledge and experience in project management and in dealing with personnel management for at least one year (as advantage will be considered work experience with music ensembles);
- Work experience with international projects;
- Work experience / cooperation with national and local authorities;
- Comprehension and experience in financial planning;
- Comprehension of scope of the contemporary music and principles of orchestral operating;
- Excellent skills in planning and cooperation;
- Software user skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Internet Explorer, Microsoft PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication skills in English and Latvian. Other language skills would be an asset.
Duties of Head of Deputy:
- Planing of the reherseal and concert/recording process;
- Developing and managing the orchestra's budget;
- Attracting additional funding (State Culture Capital Foundation, Riga City Council, sponsors, etc.);
- Providing necessary information for associated contracts (bus rent, concert hall's rent, CD manufacturing, sponsors, funds e.t.c.) for the preparation of contracts and following up their implementation;
- Organizing concerts abroad;
- Keeping excellent public image of orchestra in Latvia and abroad, e.t.c.
The aim of SLC "LATVIJAS KONCERTI" is to form and develop Latvia’s professional concert life, to satisfy, with high-quality and creatively inspiring activities, the people’s yearning for decent music, facilitating the spiritual growth of the contemporaries.
SLC "LATVIJAS KONCERTI" is a representative of the interests of the creative manifestations of Latvia’s professional musicians both in Latvia and abroad.
SLC "LATVIJAS KONCERTI" regularly co-operates with local municipalities in Latvia in organising music festivals and individual concerts. Every year, Latvijas Koncerti organises about 400 events throughout Latvia.
Documents to be submitted:
- Letter of motivation;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- at least two reviews.
Please send documents mentioned above
Moscow street 4, LV-1050, Riga, Latvia.
+ 371 67205490
or submitted personally
untill 20th October 2016 (postmark) during working days from 9:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. in Moscow Street 4, 3rd floor, Riga, Latvia.
Phone. + 371 67205484;